Jan 31, 2010

I hate you, but I love you!

Ok, so not to be a cupid killer, but another Valentines day is approaching and well I am slightly uncomfortable with it for some reason this year! It is just reminding me that I am single and well it would be so nice to receive some flowers or even a silly little card. Now I know what you are thinking...this is a bullshit commercial holiday and everyday you should express your love to that special someone. But well being single for a couple years can kind of get to you...and even I too would like to be apart of that ohh soooo cheesy, very over advertised heart shaped chocolate box gift giving day. I mean being single has its perks too, and trust me you will not catch me crying my eyes out and stuffing my face with bon bons on Feb. 14th...buuuutttt..... when you do not get to experience it for the last couple of years, you kind of forget to appreciate the darn holiday when you do celebrate it EVERY year! Now, don't get me wrong here..I am happy for my loved ones who do get to be romanticized by their honey bunny's, sugar daddys, pimps and hoes ;)But I am such a sucker for red roses and hugs that I kind of wish I could share awesome hugs and kisses this year with someone special too!I am not a bitter person I swear-in fact I am happy for those who have found their soul mates, but even this girl can dream about her Prince charming and hope he will show up with deep red roses ;) But maybe just maybe next year ;)

Ok, ok I think I am over being butt hurt that I don't have a Valentine..I think I just might crack open that bottle of wine and enjoy a bubble bath instead =)

No comments:

Post a Comment