Dec 28, 2009

One year has passed, but a new one begins....

To sum up the year 2009 for me is to simply state it was not the easiest of years, but also not the worst. From my blogs you can assume that 2009 has been a year of self discovery, along side with self doubts. 2009 has brought me joy, but many tears as well. To say 2009 was my year, a year that I embraced and greeted everyday with a smile would be an utter lie. But each year that passes in this crazy story we call life we learn something new, reinforce something old and hopefully embrace the unknown. Although 2009 has tested me in ways I did not expect I must admit that it was a kick in the ass that I needed! I am not perfect, nor do I plan to be, but rather I am optimistic about 2010! Each year presents supposedly a fresh start, a clean slate and a potential new beginning to a whole brand new year you can call your own. In the year 2009 I lost loved ones, but gained new friends too. I lost 15 pounds, but gained probably 5 more during this past Christmas. I cried many nights falling asleep confused and lonely, but was woken up by my mother's warm embrace in the morning. I became a new auntie to a beautiful and healthy baby boy and made me fall in love with children even more. I lacked a romantic life of my own, but watched dear friends get married and engaged (which of course I am excited about!!). I traveled to many cities, but realized I hardly even made a small dent in this world.I constantly complained about lacking money, but quickly realized many have no money. I learned to hate my job with a passion, but learned to passionately search for a new one =) 2009 I cannot say I am going to miss, but I am thankful for its occurrence!I am learning more and more about myself as each year passes.

So 2010 I have high hopes for you and I am bidding my money on you!Hopefully this will be an amazing year for many! I hope the economy will get better, I hope my friends and family stay healthy and happy. I hope to find a sincere man, if not a good friend;)I hope to move VERY SOON and become independent. I hope to cry less, but laugh TEN TIMES more! I wish my friends good luck with all their engagements, children, jobs, weddings and Graduate programs!

So cheers to a new year, a new start and a new beginning ! 2010 bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment